17 Jul AHA BLS Instructor Course
The AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in the Heartsaver and/or Healthcare Provider resuscitation courses. A BLS Instructor will be qualified to teach the BLS for Healthcare Provider Course as well as the Heartsaver Course for the lay person. If you would like to become a Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Instructor ONLY, please contact the us for further details prior to signing up.
Ideal Instructor Candidate Qualities
- A strong desire to teach
- Ability to facilitate learning and ensure students acquire the skills necessary for successful course completion
- Views student assessment as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills
- Excellent BLS performance & problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow directions & follow through with tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in front of a group
- Current American Heart Association BLS PROVIDER certification card. Certification cards from non-AHA programs will not be accepted
- Current American Heart Association HEART SAVER FIRST AID CPR/AED certification card (2020 guidelines).
- Complete the AHA BLS Instructor Essentials Online training. (separate cost of $40.00 plus tax)
- Obtain and watch the entire BLS Provider course video (DVD or streaming version).possess a current edition of the AHA Provider and Instructor Manual and DVD (digital eProducts okay), for the discipline desired to teach, (AHA Provider Manuals and DVDs ARE NOT included in the cost of the course. You can purchase these from worldpoint.com or the AHA site. cost of dvd and instructor manual for BLS is approximately $160.00
- Alignment with an AHA Training Center: If you take the course with Vital Signs CPR you will need to align with our training site.
- Exemplary BLS Provider skills and Heartsaver CPR and First Aid skills
- Passing scores (84%) on the BLS Provider exam and the Heartsaver CPR and First Aid provider exam.
- Passing score (84%) on the BLS Instructor exam.
- Please bring with you to the course the following items:a) Copy of your current Healthcare Provider card (front & back)b) BLS Instructor Essentials completion certificatec). BLS instructor manual and DVD
Monitoring and Mentoring: Each instructor candidate is required to be monitored teaching a BLS class in full to complete the Instructor course requirements. It is the instructor candidate’s responsibility to coordinate their monitored class while attending the Initial Instructor Course. We do not issue an Instructor card until a satisfactory monitoring has been done. You can use our site and equipment for the monitoring.