21 Jun BLS/ CPR for Healthcare Providers
Students will receive an American Heart Association BLS Provider certification card (valid for two years) immediately upon successful completion of this class. This program is for professional rescuers: nurses, EMTs, dental / doctor’s office staff, and many other healthcare professions. There are no prerequisites for this course. Non-healthcare providers are welcome to enroll in the BLS Provider class, or, can take one of our AHA courses designed for the lay-rescuer: adult/ child/ infant CPR/AED and first aid.
Covid-19 POLICIES: CLASSES ARE STILL HAPPENING AS SCHEDULED, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY HOLDING CLASSES WITH UP TO 5 PEOPLE.
- WE ARE FOLLOWING SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES KEEPING EVERYONE 6 FEET APART
- WE DO ASK EVERYONE WEAR A MASK AND WE PROVIDE GLOVES FOR EVERY STUDENT TO WEAR DURING THE CLASS
- EACH STUDENT IS PROVIDED WITH THEIR OWN STERILE MANIKIN, CPR POCKET MASK WITH ONE WAY DISPOSABLE VALVE, AND AED TRAINER FOR THE DURATION OF THE CLASS.
- WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED RIGOROUS CLEANING PRACTICES THROUGHOUT OUR OFFICE. THIS INCLUDES FREQUENTLY SANITIZING HIGH TOUCH LOCATIONS AND TRAINING EQUIPMENT AND THE AREA SURROUNDING THE EQUIPMENT; THE MATS AND CHAIRS (which we have always done)
- WE HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES TO OUR PROGRAMS TO MINIMIZE THE RISK; INCLUDING SMALL CLASSES, AND MODIFYING SKILLS PRACTICE DURING CLASS SO STUDENT CONTACT IS ELIMINATED. STUDENTS WHO DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE PRACTICING RESCUE BREATHS WITH THE POCKET MASK WILL BE EXCUSED FROM THAT REQUIREMENT.
- LASTLY IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL PLEASE STAY HOME- THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARGE TO RESCHEDULE.
This instructor led BLS Course includes:
- High-quality BLS CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
*Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
Any cancellations received at least 48 hours prior to the class start time will receive a full refund less $5.00 service fee. Requests received after that deadline but at least 24 hours before the start of the class will not be eligible for a refund but may transfer. Students arriving more than 15 minutes late to class will not receive a certification card or be eligible for refund or transfer. Proficiency in English is required to participate in, and receive a certification card for the class. The presence of a translator does not waive this requirement. Translators are not permitted in class.
If you completed the Heart Code BLS Online Courses through the American Heart Association ( AHA ), click the Sign Up button for the hands-on Skill Session.