21 Jun BLS/ CPR for Healthcare Providers
Students will receive an American Heart Association BLS Provider certification card (valid for two years) immediately upon successful completion of this class. This program is for professional rescuers: nurses, EMTs, dental / doctor’s office staff, and many other healthcare professions. There are no prerequisites for this course. Non-healthcare providers are welcome to enroll in the BLS Provider class, or, can take one of our AHA courses designed for the lay-rescuer: adult/ child/ infant CPR/AED and first aid.
This instructor led BLS Course includes:
- High-quality BLS CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
*Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
Any cancellations received at least 48 hours prior to the class start time will receive a full refund less $7.00 service fee per registration. Requests received after that deadline but at least 24 hours before the start of the class will not be eligible for a refund but may transfer. Only two date transfers per registration allowed. Requests received after the stated deadlines will not be eligible for a refund or transfer (including no call no shows) Students arriving more than 10 minutes late to class will not receive a certification card or be eligible for refund or transfer. Proficiency in English is required to participate in, and receive a certification card for the class. The presence of a translator does not waive this requirement. Translators are not permitted in class.